Join the Fun and Volunteer
It takes a village to raise a child. Do you have time to share? The Booth Free School PTO is 100% volunteer. Events and fundraising happen because of caring people like you. Join us in the gratifying efforts the PTO makes to support the Booth Free School children. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the PTO at [email protected].
Halloween Activities Volunteers: The PTO has several Halloween themed after school activities planned on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons in October. We’ll need parent volunteers to both lead and assist with running these activities. We are also looking for volunteers to help out on 10/22 for our collaboration with the Minor Memorial Library. You can sign up to help with these events here.
Lyman Orchard Pie Sale Helpers: We are looking for volunteers to help distribute pies at the pickup station. You’ll be outside in the breezeway by the BFS gym and can work in 15 minute shifts on distribution day in November. Please email Megan Hodge at [email protected], if you are able to help.
Book Fair Chairperson(s): The Book Fair is always a student favorite each year, and for the 2021-2022 school year it will take place in the spring. We are looking for a volunteer(s) to help lead the coordination of this popular event and share the joy of reading. Please email [email protected] if you are interested.
Outdoor Classroom/Garden Bandits: To continue our effort to provide outdoor classroom spaces, the PTO is looking for families (aka “Garden Bandits”) to adopt and care for sections of the community garden for the school year. Join us as we nurture food, pollinator, and bird-friendly plantings to provide STEM learning opportunities for our students. Can we count on you and your family to “adopt a plot”?
This commitment will entail:
- Assisting with fall clean-up (weeding, tidying up at a time of your choice by November 1st)
- Spring clean-up (tidying up and readying beds for planting at a time of your choice by April 1)
- Possibly participating in a spring community planting day in April/May
- Visiting your plot to weed and possibly help water 1-2 times per month at a time of your choice from May-August
Many hands make light work—if we have enough interest we can even assign two families per plot to share in this important and rewarding volunteer effort.
If interested please email [email protected], so that we can start “digging in.”
PTO Website Master: This is a great opportunity to volunteer and support the Booth Free School community from the comfort of your home and at times that fit your schedule.
- Some experience with WordPress or other website management platform is a must
- Tasks include: webpage updating/creation, event calendar posting, online form creation and report generation, functionality assistance
- Time commitment: approx. 2-5 hours per month on average throughout the school year
This volunteer role could also be shared between multiple people who could take on different website tasks/responsibilities. Please email [email protected] if you are interested.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here